Perfectly Perfect Popcorn
This is recipe will net you 10 quarts of prefect popcorn.
- 3 Tbsp canola, peanut or grapeseed oil (high smoke point oil and make sure no kids have allergies if serving to kids)
- 1/3 cup of high quality popcorn kernels
- 1 3-quart covered saucepan
- 2 Tbsp or more (to taste) of butter
- Salt to taste
How to achieve perfection:
- Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan on medium high heat.
- Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan.
- When the kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer.
- Cover, remove from heat and count 30 seconds. This method first heats the oil to the right temperature. Waiting 30 seconds brings all of the other kernels to a near-popping temperature so that when they are put back on the heat, they all pop at about the same time.
- Return the pan to the heat. The popcorn should begin popping soon, and all at once.
- Once the popping starts in earnest, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner.
- Try to keep the lid slightly ajar to let the steam from the popcorn release (the popcorn will be drier and crisper).
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, remove the lid.
- Dump the popcorn immediately into a wide bowl.
- Season as you wish
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Cilantro Lime Popcorn
I made this for my daughter’s 4th birthday party. Parents & kids loved it! It originally came from this lovely website, http://www.designsponge.com/2013/01/entertaining-cozy-movie-night.html
Toss the following ingredients together. Enjoy.
- 4 oz popped and seasoned popcorn (see recipe for “perfectly Perfect Popcorn”)
- 1 oz finely grated cotija cheese
- 1 Tbl lime zest
- splash of melted butter
- whole cilantro leaves
Spinach & Meat Lasagne
This is a great fridge cleaner-outer meal. I’ve made this so many times with all kinds of vegetables and it’s always been delicious!
This is a fantastic meal to gift to those new sleep-deprived parents who just need a tasty and comforting home cooked meal. Just prep in a disposable pan. It reheats well, but you don’t have to cook it.
- Cooking spray or oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast, beef, pork, lamb, buffalo, Ostrich, etc.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (or more, I like garlic)
- Any excess veg you need to use; squash, finely chopped or grated carrots
• 2 jars of your favorite Tomato Basil pasta sauce
• 1 250g carton cottage cheese
• 1 250g carton ricotta cheese
• 1 egg
• 60g grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 10oz Spinach (fresh or frozen – if fresh saute or wilt first)
• lasagna noodles (they do not need to be cooked)
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep: Preheat oven to 375°.
Sauté meat, onion, and garlic (and extra veggies if using) until meat is browned. Add 1 ½ jars pasta sauce; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine cottage cheese, ricotta, egg, parmesan, parsley, pepper, and spinach; stir well.
Spread remaining pasta sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray or oil.
Arrange one layer of noodles over marinara; top with cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella. Put half of the meat mixture over the mozzarella. Add another layer of noodles. Top with remaining mince mixture and mozzarella.
Bake: at 177° for 50 minutes or until cheese melts
Cilantro Lime Dressing
This is an amazing salad dressing or marinade for chicken or just drink it straight It’s that good.
Toss the following ingredients in your blending device of choice:
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded (optional)
1 clove garlic
3/4 tsp fresh ginger
1/4 cup lime juice
1 to 2 tbl honey
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 cup packed cilantro
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil