Cilantro Lime Popcorn
I made this for my daughter’s 4th birthday party. Parents & kids loved it! It originally came from this lovely website, http://www.designsponge.com/2013/01/entertaining-cozy-movie-night.html
Toss the following ingredients together. Enjoy.
- 4 oz popped and seasoned popcorn (see recipe for “perfectly Perfect Popcorn”)
- 1 oz finely grated cotija cheese
- 1 Tbl lime zest
- splash of melted butter
- whole cilantro leaves
Spinach & Meat Lasagne
This is a great fridge cleaner-outer meal. I’ve made this so many times with all kinds of vegetables and it’s always been delicious!
This is a fantastic meal to gift to those new sleep-deprived parents who just need a tasty and comforting home cooked meal. Just prep in a disposable pan. It reheats well, but you don’t have to cook it.
- Cooking spray or oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast, beef, pork, lamb, buffalo, Ostrich, etc.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (or more, I like garlic)
- Any excess veg you need to use; squash, finely chopped or grated carrots
• 2 jars of your favorite Tomato Basil pasta sauce
• 1 250g carton cottage cheese
• 1 250g carton ricotta cheese
• 1 egg
• 60g grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 10oz Spinach (fresh or frozen – if fresh saute or wilt first)
• lasagna noodles (they do not need to be cooked)
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep: Preheat oven to 375°.
Sauté meat, onion, and garlic (and extra veggies if using) until meat is browned. Add 1 ½ jars pasta sauce; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine cottage cheese, ricotta, egg, parmesan, parsley, pepper, and spinach; stir well.
Spread remaining pasta sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray or oil.
Arrange one layer of noodles over marinara; top with cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella. Put half of the meat mixture over the mozzarella. Add another layer of noodles. Top with remaining mince mixture and mozzarella.
Bake: at 177° for 50 minutes or until cheese melts